Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Which credit cards work in Europe? I'm not sure if my Discover card will work there or not


Which credit cards work in Europe? I'm not sure if my Discover card will work there or not.?
Will I need a Visa or a Mastercard to use a credit card there? I'm mainly thinking of Italy, Germany, Spain, France, Portugal, Britain/Ireland, Poland, Russia, and the Baltic states. Thanks!
Other - Destinations - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Visa works. I'm not sure about Discover. Unfortunately, Visa charges a "foreign" rate on foreign card purchases, but American Express doesn't. AmEx works in most places, too. So if you have to change cards, get AmEx.
2 :
Discover might, but alot of places outside the US doesn't accept Discover. Stick with Visa or Mastercard.
3 :
Visa and Mastercard are both widely accepted here in Italy and throughout Europe. Discover has much more limited acceptance.