Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Will my american tv work in portugal if i have american outlets installed in my house


Will my american tv work in portugal if i have american outlets installed in my house?
i know two family members who had american outlets installed in their houses in portugal.. i was wondering if it was worth bringing my flatscreen overseas, because I'm not sure if it would work or not...
Portugal - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i believe the voltage frequency is different in Europe so no
2 :
How did they manage that? They must have used a converter of some kind as well, as in Europe we use 220 volts, unlike the 110 volts in the US. If I were you I'd just buy what I need in Europe and have done with it. You'd easily spend as much converting your electrical system anyway, and it would work out easier in the long run to be able to plug in appliances you buy locally.