Monday, June 1, 2009

looking for work in portugal porto


looking for work in portugal porto?
hi i.m looking for work in porto i don't speak much Portuguese but i really need a job if any one can help me pleas let me no i would like to work in a hotel cleaning so i don't have to talk much thanks
Portugal - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
GO to CLIP. It's an International School in Porto. "Colégio Luso-International do Porto" They teach EVERYTHING in English. I bet they could get you to do something there. Even if it's just watching kids during recess playing. (:
2 :
I think you should learn the language, Local people will be rude to you If don't care to learn or show you want to adapt to the culture. I'm Portuguese in a English speaking country so I learn the language.
3 :
I'd agree with MIG, you would find it much easier to get work if you could at least speak the basics. I know it is easier said than done, but honestly, mastering basic Portuguese would not take long (even by teaching yourself with some books) then you would find it miles easier to find work, by searching through the classifieds in newspapers and online and by simply calling hotels etc and asking them outright. If you are very much in need of work asap though and don't have time to learn Portuguese, just call some hotels anyway! The chances of an English speaker being on the end of the line are high, so there shouldn't be any difficulties in that respect. It'll just be the communication afterwards you might have a problem with (unless the boss speaks english lol!!) Good luck!