Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Heart murmur as an adult


Heart murmur as an adult?
Today I went for a routine check at the doctor at work (here in portugal we have to have a routine check at the doctor at work). Anyways he was measuring my blood pressure and counted 68 beats in a minute which was not very normal. So he listened to my heart and says he thinks I may have a heart murmur. He said I should go and have a talk with my family doctor. When I was a child I had one and it went away. There was nothing serious about it. Should I go to the doctors anyway? I have no time :S Thanks!
Heart Diseases - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Your doctor's wrong about your heart rate, 60-99 is considered normal. But for the murmur you should visit a doctor.
2 :
Your murmur is probably innocent, though if you have never seen a cardiologist it might be a good idea to go and get checked out to make sure the murmur is innocent just to be on the safe side. Good luck