Saturday, January 7, 2012

I´m marrying an american, and we want to live in the usa.Do I have to go back to my coutry for my paper works


I´m marrying an american, and we want to live in the usa.Do I have to go back to my coutry for my paper works?
If I marry my american fiance in the States, do I have to come back to Portugal to get my paper works done or can I do all the legal stuff over there?
Immigration - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
no you don't.as long you come to the us with the fiance visa you will be able to take care of the visa from here!
2 :
No, about going back to your country. You have to go to the American Embassy (or Consulate) in the country where you got married. Then you can wait in the States until approved. Be sure to look over the requirements. The American will have to show proof of income from their last 3 income tax returns was greater than the poverty level. There are important deadlines on the paperwork. Should you miss one, you have to start all over. I would recommend an attorney specialized in immigration issues to make this a sure thing.
3 :
get your legal work done before you get here. It seems like you would have a much easier transition. i mean there is rigourous and their is rigourous paperwork here, i don't knnow about Portugal, but that paperwork stuff ain't no joke. it'll break you if you're not careful. maybe it's just me...and it Has to be done, by law. one way or the other. so get it done..
4 :
You can't enter America to marry your fiance without the proper visa. If you do that and try to stay you have to be able to prove you didn't plan the marriage. that's next to impossible and is getting harder all the time. If you are home now, apply for a fiance visa K-1, that is the fastest way, then you can travel here to the USA and get married. If you get married first then you apply for a K-3 spousal visa from your own country. If you are living in the USA now with another type of visa you may be able to marry and stay but don't take the risk if you are just here as a visitor. Go to http://www.visajourney.com for free guides and information about getting married to an American.