Saturday, October 1, 2011

Can I have my visa sent urgently


Can I have my visa sent urgently?
I'm Mexican and I live in England, I need to get a US visa to go go a conference in June, but I will be travelling to Portugal to do field work on the 24th of March for two months and I need my passport as soon as possible. Is there a way to have my visa processed quicker to get my passport in time?? What about applying for the visa in Portugal? Would it be possible?
Embassies & Consulates - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Try to get an appointment for the U.S. B-1 visa application on the first day after you return from Portugal. If you try to apply for the visa before you travel to Portugal you may probably not get your passport back in time and will be stuck in Britain.. •○•○• Added (based on your additional details): By law you can apply for the U.S. visa from any U.S. Embassy or Consulate General. However it is not a good idea to apply for a U.S. visa from a country in which you do not have economical and social ties. Visa officers stationed in Portugal can asses the ties an applicant has to Portugal and can asses the genuineness of Portuguese document. They cannot asses your ties to the United Kingdom or the gegenuineness of British supporting documents. The U.S. Embassy in London states on their website that appointments for visa applications are always available, usually on a next workday basis, for applicants with urgent need of travel to the United States. Make use of this service as soon as you return to the U.K. from Portugal. http://london.usembassy.gov/emergency-appointment.html .. Source(s): http://london.usembassy.gov/apply.html ..
2 :
Since you are Mexican, already in UK, traveling on job to Portugal, then on to the USA. Your applying for a visa to the USA makes good sense in the scheme of things at hand. To better your chances of getting a US visa from Portugal, you may get your two-way travel ticket in hand and bring it along to the US Embassy in Portugal while applying for your visa from there. Honestly, you can not rush an Embassy of another country to issue you a visa for any reason, unless it is an emergency of a grave nature that is well-documented as well.