Monday, February 14, 2011

I am in love with portugal man and I am from usa


I am in love with portugal man and I am from usa?
We want to be together. How does it work if he marries me since i am american women does that me he becomes an american citzen? Or if we lived in portugal. How do we get to be together in the same county someone plz help me figure out what i have to do and whats the best thing to do....
Singles & Dating - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
He would have to become an American resident, after 5 years he could apply for a citizenship.
2 :
Call your City Hall and ask. I think you will need to sponsor him for some amount of time. You need to have an income of 50k a year or more. Sometimes you can go to him and get married and then he can come back with you and then you get married here in the states. I
3 :
Somehow your English doesn't sound like you're an American, but for the sake of argument, I'll answer your question. Whether you want to get married in the US or Portugal, you will have to petition your fiance for the right to come live in America, obtain and Visa and greencard and you will have to meet some financial requirements to ensure that your fiance will not become burden to the state if he is allowed to come here. Marriage is only one of the requirements, and by itself offers no rights. This process can take up to a year to complete, which is a horrible injustice for people in love, I agree, because I went through it, and you'll have to too. You have to go to the DHS website and figure out what you're going to do from there. You can do it yourself, providing you have a home, a decent job, you will easily meet the requirements. It is also somewhat expensive, and the forms are tedious and if you make a mistake or they want more information, they will send the forms back for you to fix it. http://www.dhs.gov/ximgtn/