Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Astigmatism -> could it become worse after 4 months


Astigmatism -> could it become worse after 4 months?
4 months ago i went to an ophthalmologist and she told me i was starting to develop astigmatism. It was really few, it's like, i have 0.75 in my left eye and my right eye is perfect. She told me if i had no headaches i had nothing to worry about. But 2 months ago i got a job where i have to work 8 to 10 hours per day in front of a computer and i find it hard to focus my sight whilst working on little details, which is what i do all the time! Surely i have to wear glasses, even if it's only for working. well.. now the other question is: i don't want to spend 70 euros to go to an ophthalmologist again, neither have to wait 1 month to get an appointment in public health system (it's how things work in Portugal, unfortunately). So, i want to go to a store and make a free sight test, as some places do. The thing is, some people say they aren't such accurate, and my father was a case who confirms that. i have the examination results, so i can compare. but it was 4 months ago. Could it get worse after that time? oh and i forgot to mention, my eyes kinda hurt in the end of every day.
Optical - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
im not sure about it getting worse, but im pretty sure you should be wearing glasses, i know tonnes of people who have this condition and it means that one of their eyes moves in and doesnt focus well, so they need glasses to correct it. i would get your eye test done at a store, compare it to your current test...its free you say, so you haent got anythign to lose, if its pretty similar then you will know, and if they are simiar you can get your own glasses arranged online. i cant afford glasses from the opticians, so i get mine online for a quarter of the price, if not more, and they are just fine:)
2 :
Did the doctor give you glasses? You should have gotten a prescription even for a slight astigmatism. I have actually the same situation after I had my baby 4 months ago and I was given prescription eyeglasses even if it was only for reading. I was told to wear them at the computer as well because I was getting headaches because of my eye sight. So you need to get glasses.