Saturday, April 21, 2012

How can I work in Japan


How can I work in Japan?
Hi. I'm Carolina, in my last High School year (starting this september), next year I'll go to college, I'll graduate in Mandarin (major) and japanese (minor). My masters degree will be spent in China for one year and its second year, here, in Portugal. I wanted to know hot I can work in Japan, earning a good amount of money preferably, since China offers more opportunities, and it's also an option, but Japan is first. This is just out of curiosity, since I'm not even in university yet, and don't if I'll enter. I'll do my best though, so I think I will. Thanks. Thank you everyone. Yes, I'll do my major, still don't know for sure if I'll do it in China or Japan, Iwanted Japan, but it's still too early to decide that. My course lasts 5 years, being the last two the masters degree. Finantial intitutions? I'm not good at maths, that's why I went to lingustics =_= But how come? Can I work in that area somehow? I'll do my best to speak japanese and mandarin as native, I'll go to university only in the next year (hopefuly) and I've bought a lot of japanese studying material. I bought last week 2 books, 1 for kanji, and the other for the grammar as think, they are called "Japanese with ease" 1 & 2, the versions without CD's. And while I'm in University, or even vacations, if the timeble doen't suit me, I'll try to do a mini-course if I find, like "administration" or something like that. And sorry but I can't answer to my own questions? I think I'm editing my question right now, I'm still a newbie in this yahoo thingy.
Japan - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You have to find a job before you come to Japan and need to take working visa. English teacher is the job you are most likely to find. Other jobs are difficult for non-Japanese.
2 :
Go China. Japan has not profitable job for you by your degree and experience. English teacher is poor job in Japan.
3 :
Teaching English is about the only job available. And it's not a high paying job. You need a four year degree to work in Japan. A work visa, and a job offer before you get there. You think China has more opportunities? Think again. There is no freedom of press. The internet is censored, ect, ect...
4 :
I would recommend you seriously think about your major. if you want to find a good paying job (anywhere in the world) you should consider getting a degree that is in demand. if you can get your japanese up to native level, you can work as a translator. the money is good, much better than teaching english. as well if your grads are very good consider applying to financial institutions like goldman sachs etc. they hire overseas for japa and you don't necessarily need to be a business major.