Saturday, August 7, 2010

I'm a permanent resident in the US, from Portugal. What do I need to travel from state to state


I'm a permanent resident in the US, from Portugal. What do I need to travel from state to state?
I lost my Portuguese Passport and will not be traveling there anytime soon to get a new one. I have been in this country for over 20 years. I am from Mass and want to go on a trip to Cali. What do I need? Is there anything else besides a passport that will work? I lost my Portuguese Passport and will not be traveling there anytime soon to get a new one. I have been in this country for over 20 years. I am from Mass and want to go on a trip to Cali. What do I need? Is there anything else besides a passport that will work? I am flying. I am not an idiot. I know if I am driving that I need a license. I have one. I am just making sure that is all I will need to fly. I have never flown from state to state.
Other - Destinations - 9 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
a car.
2 :
a plane
3 :
If yu fly on a plane, you will need some form of ID, drivers license or so, othe rthan that, you dont need anything. All you need to fly is your regular license
4 :
If you're driving, a driver's license. You don't have to have documents to cross state lines.
5 :
All States are free to travel in. No passport required. I am surprised you don't know that after being here for 20 years. Take lots of money if you are driving, for gas. You can also fly, no passport required either. Have a great time in Cali!
6 :
Your do not need a passport to travel from state to state. You will need your driver license (if driving) or non-driver ID will work, if you're flying. Enjoy your trip!
7 :
All you need is a valid drivers license or a state issued I.D. card. I'm surprised to hear this question from someone who's been here for 20 years; especially since your from Massachusetts...If you don't have any valid I.D. you can go to your city hall and get info on what you have to have.
8 :
you can travel state to state without anything or than your drivers license. It's getting a job if you are planning on moving that would be the problem.
9 :
Domestic air travel (or any other means of state-to-state) only requires a driver's license. If you are looking to get a job and moving, you can do that with your green card and you drivers license. (If your a Permanent Resident, you should have a photo "resident alien" card.) The only real need for your Portuguese passport is if you leave the US by airplane.